Looking back at the first few years of my business, I realize how many decisions were made more from a lack of confidence than anything else. Collaborations that didn’t make sense in the long term, services I wasn’t passionate about, clients that were far from a good fit for my brand: so many of those decisions originated from a lack of confidence in my own ability and/or a fear of not having enough clients. As I’ve grown in ability and knowledge of my skills, my panicked moments are fewer and my satisfaction with my work is so much greater.
I believe in quality over quantity in most areas of my life and work is no different. Less ideal clients is better than more projects I don’t want to work on. I feel better mentally and I have found that it often makes more financial sense in the long run as well when I really break down the hours.
So how did I go from super insecure to a confident AF boss babe? Well first of all, I didn’t! I’m still insecure all the time and worry has not 100% gone away but I have gotten better at being my own best friend and boss. Here’s how you can too:
- Know what makes you great and celebrate that.
- Know what you can improve on and tell yourself in a nice and constructive way.
- Treat yo self (within your budget)!
- Have realistic expectations of yourself and create a path to achieve your goals.
- Get the training you need. Invest in yourself!